Rum Mango Horchata
- ¼ cup uncooked rice (50gr)
- 2 quarts water (2lt)
- 1 pound fresh mangoes, peeled with seeds removed (500gr)
- ¾ cup sugar, or to taste (150gr)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (2gr)
- 1 cup dark rum, or to taste (optional) (240ml)
- Lime wedges
- Place the rice and water in a 3 qt (3lt) saucepan, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to simmering, and cover. Cook until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Allow the pan to cool completely.
- Add the fresh mangoes to the rice water, and purée until very smooth using an immersion blender (or you can blend in a regular blender as well.) Add the cinnamon and sugar, and blend for 2 to 3 seconds to combine well.
- Pour the mixture into a pitcher, cover, and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Stir in the rum right before serving. Serve with lime wedges.