Jicama Cole Slaw with Grapefruit and Toasted Sesame
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds (10gr)
- 1 cup shaved jicama (3oz/70gr)
- 4 cups finely shredded cabbage (8oz/300gr)
- 1 grapefruit, sectioned, membrane and seeds removed, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil (82ml)
- 3 tbsp. rice wine vinegar (45ml)
- 1 tbsp. fresh grapefruit juice (15ml)
- Pinch sea salt
- Toast the sesame seeds by placing them in a small dry skillet. Heat over a medium flame, and allow the sesame seeds to toast until just golden, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Use either an electric food processor or a manual mandoline to shred the jicama and cabbage finely.
- Place the jicama and cabbage in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- When you are ready to serve the salad, pour the dressing over the slaw mixture.
- Add the chopped grapefruit, and toss gently to combine well.
- Place in serving dish, and garnish with the sesame seeds. Serve immediately.