Red & Green Ceviche
- 1 lb. uncooked fish, such as tilapia or red snapper (500gr)
- 8 oz. uncooked shrimp, shelled and deveined (250gr)
- 1 cup fresh lime juice or sour orange juice (240ml)
- ½ cup shaved red onion (75gr)
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 ripe medium avocado, cut into ½” cubes (1.25cm)
- Your favorite flavored salt, such as smoked sea salt
- Fresh lime wedges for garnish
- Cut the fish into 1” cubes (2.5cm), and place in a large glass bowl, along with the uncooked shrimp. Pour over the fresh lime or sour orange juice.
- Add the red and green onion, and toss to combine well.
- Cover, place in the refrigerator, and allow to cure for 20-30 minutes. Fish and shrimp will turn opaque in color.
- Using a slotted spoon, serve in individual portion dishes. Top with avocado, and dust generously with your favorite flavored salt. Serve with fresh lime wedges.