Canja de Gallina (Chicken & Rice Soup Flavored with Mint & Lemon)
- 1 quart chicken stock (1lt)
- ¼ cup uncooked white rice (46gr)
- ½ cup shredded cooked chicken (2oz / 62gr)
- 2-3 sprigs fresh mint, minced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Pour the chicken stock into a 2qt/2lt saucepan, and bring to a simmer.
- Add the uncooked rice, cover, and allow to cook for 20 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Add the cooked chicken, and allow to heat through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve the soup immediately, garnished with fresh mint, with lemon wedges on the side.