Improve your Leftovers
Leftover chicken sounds about as glamorous as, well…leftover chicken. It could be the saddest meal ever, especially if you are eating leftover chicken by yourself.
The solution? Just don’t.
Comb your hair, pinch your cheeks to give them some color (I mean the ones on your face, please…) and hop on down to the grocery store to look for the best avocados in the produce bin. Maybe you will run into a couple of friends there. I always do. Walk over to the in-store bakery and enjoy the free aromas of baking bread, and maybe select a crusty, fresh baguette. And pick up a chilled bottle of chard while you are there. I’m sure you are feeling better already.
So if the friends you chatted with the store already had plans, then call that co-worker that always saves the chocolate doughnut for you, or ring that lovely person that does your taxes. There are lots of folks out there that would love to get together for a nice light supper, and some pleasant conversation.
My point is, don’t let your ingredients sap your inspiration. Just pick anything, any dish, and turn those ingredients into a moment. Yesterday’s chicken can make today’s memorable sunset chat, out on the deck, watching the fireflies.
This advice is coming from a woman who is, at this moment, hunkered down in her house by herself, watching Netflix and writing blog posts in her pajamas…
In my defense, I did go out and walk with a friend, and then stopped by and visited her daughter. And yes, I felt better and more alive.
And after such a lovely evening, I thought I would come home, start writing again, and share with you how great it is to get together with friends.
So like I said earlier, just don’t. And then, just do. It’s as easy as that.Print
Avocados Stuffed with Tangy Chicken Salad
- Yield: 8 Stuffed Avocados
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (8oz or 225gr)
- ½ cup seeded and chopped cucumber (3oz or 75gr)
- ½ cup chopped pineapple (3 oz or 75gr)
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro (5gr)
- 1/3 cup Tangy Mayonnaise (75ml)
- 4 large avocados, seeds removed
- Sliced red onion and cilantro leaves for garnish
- Place the chicken, chopped cucumber, pineapple and cilantro in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the Tangy Mayonnaise, and toss to combine well.
- Fill the avocado halves with the chicken salad, garnish and serve immediately.
Chicken salad can be made in advance, so you can fill the avocados right before serving.